- Focus on Church Community. This year we are starting off 2024 with a focus on the power of covenant relationships within the church family. Many Christians do not realize the importance of building relational connections within the church. God has called us out and put us together for a reason. And that is so that we might love each other as Christ loved us and help build each other up into Christ. We will also focus on prayer ministry this year as we seek to lean on God even further in our daily walk with Christ and our Church work.
- Daniel Fast. It’s that time again for our annual Daniel Fast emphasis. God has been good to us as every year we have taken on a 21 day fast as an echo of Daniel and the Hebrew boys found in the Old Testament. This year we have a brand new cookbook filled with vegan recipes to get your health and heart back in check. The physical book is only 15 dollars and will last you for months. Also we will be re-launching our online morning Spirit Prayer and Devotion everyday beginning in January. Details coming soon! (Daniel 1:8 – 21)
- Life Groups. As we focus on building relationships within the church, ultimately our desire is to relaunch and rebrand out Life Groups. These groups help to serve our memberships by creating small group cultures where our spiritual and relational lives can mature and grow in Christ. It’s vitally important to take advantage of the chance to grow together with your family in Christ. (Hebrews 10:25)
- Benevolence Ministry. We as a church are always involved in helping as many people as possible with rental assistance, personal helps, and reaching out to worthy children in need during the holiday seasons. God has blessed us to directly assist both church and community members alike through your gracious and faithful giving to this ministry. Thank you for allowing us to bless others with the Love of Christ. (Matthew 25:45)
- Neighbors in Need. As you know we have an incredibly vibrant and fulfilling ministry to the homeless in our community. Thanks to your efforts and unwavering support we have been able to serve and help hundreds of people who might otherwise have been left alone and forgotten by society. This ministry is growing by leaps and bounds. We are looking forward to expanding this initiative even further in 2024 as God provides and leads us to bless His children. (Matthew 25:40)
- Awaken Seminar. Between the months of January and February we are going to launch our first “Awaken Seminar.” This seminar will be provided to the entire church free of charge and will be led by our own Pastor Hayes. It is designed to guide all members through the process of finding and exploring God’s ministry passion for them personally. Have you ever wondered what it is that God wants me to do in His church? What is my purpose here on this planet? This seminar will help you answer those and other questions about your life and ministry focus. It will be an exciting adventure together. Come and let God Awaken your passion for ministry again! Details to come soon.
- Reflecting the Image of God. I believe with all my heart that it is God’s desire for our church that we reflect the image of His son and possess the Spirit of Heaven. There is no division in Heaven. We are all called to be one in Jesus Christ. Richardson seeks to embody this belief in everything we do. We are a church with over 53 countries represented. We are diverse in culture and yet one in belief and purpose – to serve God and glorify is name before the world. In so doing I believe that God has given us his direction found in John 17. In his final prayer to the Father before the cross, Jesus expressed that it was His desire that we all become ONE in Him and that Father. This is what we are always seeking to accomplish in our effort as a church. This year we want take on a new motto. Please note the following church focus:
One in Purpose, One in Mission, One in Service
Values of Richardson We Are One:
HUMILITY – we recognize without God we are nothing. And yet with God all things are possible. These statements are synonymous. Prayer is the epicenter of our strength and character. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and our continuous prayer of reliance upon Him, we acknowledge both our neediness and our greatest strength to accomplish all things. Therefore, Prayer is, and develops, our spiritual strength and vitality (Micah 6:8-11; Matt 19:26: Mark 10:27; John 14-16; 1Pet 5:6-7).
OBEDIENCE – we realize that to know God fully we must follow where he leads us. No one can know God personally without first taking heed to His direction. Part of this path is accepting the truth of sacrificing our selves and our plans in favor of God’s. We live in obedience to God and His word, not out of obligation but, because we desire to know Him more. Simply put, To know God is to obey Him (Micah 6:8-11; Matt 6:24; Mark 8:34-35; Phil 3:9-14).
UNITY – we acknowledge that we are not alone! We are not an island. So we understand that as diverse as we are, God has placed us together for a divine purpose that we all can and will contribute to. We are stronger together and our unity in Love reveals the character of God. We are called to embrace each other and value one another for the varied gifts God has placed among us. We are drawn to diversity and seek to learn more from one another so that we can grow. There is strength in numbers and we embrace this truth of unity by God’s grace (Ps 133:1; John 17; Acts 10:34-43; 1Corinthians 12-13; Ephesians 4:1-16).
SERVICE – we know that serving others is the key to character development in the Kingdom of God. This is because “Love” is God’s character. Therefore, we serve each other with joy and charity recognizing the incredible value of every member of our family. We are called to a life of service even as our savior was to us. In-so-doing we reveal God’s true character to the world and clean the face of Christ (Matt 5:16; Matt 20:28; John 13:34-35; Romans 13:8; 1John 3:11, 4:7; Gal 6:1-2).
ENDURANCE – simply put, we never give up! It’s in our DNA to always move forward, to never lose heart, to always seek to do God’s will and finish strong. This is a standard of the Kingdom and a virtue of Richardson We Are One. As a result we seek to do everything for God with excellence and great care. We constantly seek for ways to improve upon the mission and purpose that God has given us and we persevere through the ups and downs. (Luke 9:62; Phil 1:6; 1Cor 4:1-2).
FAITH – What God has said are our marching orders. The wisdom of the world is foolishness, and God’s word is the only safe path. It is the foundation upon which we build everything in the Kingdom. God’s word is made alive in us through our faith. Therefore, we teach, preach, and live from the word of God. This gives us the strength to live daily for the Kingdom (Matt 4:4; Mark 9:23; Romans 10:13-17; 1Cor 4:1-2; Heb 11:6).
MERCY – we always remember how God treats us. We serve one another with respect and patience, always keeping in mind our savior and how he meets our needs. There is no one outside of God’s umbrella of grace. Forgiveness is as much a staple of the kingdom as is obedience and the foundation of salvation. Therefore, we show love and forgiveness towards others even as Christ continues to do for us (Micah 6:8-11; Matthew 18:23-35; Gal 6:1-9).
See Our Other Ministries
No matter your age, background or life stage, we want to meet ladies right where they are and come alongside them – encouraging, supporting, praying.
Young people are the leaders of today, not tomorrow. This year we’re diving into the Christ-centered question, “What does love look like?”
We’re here to help you discover your strengths as a husband, son, brother, father, businessman, or leader. We recognize that every man has an innate desire to be part of something bigger than himself , develop lasting friendships, and grow closer to the Lord.